Thursday, June 16, 2011

A day with the grandkids

I had so much fun today. It started yesterday when Mags came over after checking out the courses to get her CNA. She has applied for the pell grant and some other education grants, but she wanted to go over it with us because we are helping with the money part and babysitting. I think of it as a investment for my grand kids, they will have the example of their mom going to school to be able to do what she wants. It will also help when she is finished to start working. Jon has a good job but now a days its takes to incomes to get by. We are helping with groceries and stuff for the kids. Back to the fun stuff. She came with the kids and Alex wanted to spend the night, so they did. I love when Alex stays over its the only time he slows down to snuggle. He likes to sleep with us and hogs the hole bed. How does a 3 year old take up more room than a 300 lb man? Today after breakfast we went to Walmart ( yes I love Walmart even though I have a secret fear that I will be the next fattie on the scooter picture on u- tube), to pick up a few things. I found tiny gold earrings for Kaitlynn and 2 little summer dresses. I let Alex pick out a toy and of course he got another ball, this one is so huge he can sit on it like a yoga balancing ball. After shopping we had dinner at the kids house. On the way home we stopped at Dairy Queen just like he did when we were dating.
I'm happy and sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment